Put Your Website to Work for You 24/7 – How to Monetize Your Website
Your website takes the place of a brick-and-mortar building, but offers so much more! Your website is open 24/7 and is able to welcome people from all over the world at their convenience. Even with that kind of availability, consumers need to be able to do everything through your website that they would normally be able to do when physically visiting a business of any kind.
Your website needs to be a place where they can:
- Learn more about you, your products, and your services
- Obtain value from information you have available prior to purchasing anything, with some value-added information given in exchange for their contact information that can be cataloged as a lead
- Connect and communicate with you in a variety of ways – on and off line – about questions, concerns, or give feedback and a testimonial on their experience
- Purchase your products and services (make you money!)
- Send referrals to you (make even more money!)
The more you are able to prove your value to consumers through the information you have readily available on your website, the more consumers are willing to invest to go deeper and “get the good stuff!” Here are some ways you can provide value to potential clients so that you can grow your list, following, and overall client base.
- Add new valuable content consistently (1x a week or 1x a month doesn’t matter as much as the CONSISTENCY of when you add new content) to your website.
The below list of items are just a few of the different types of content you can add, that can all be found by search engines looking for information in your niche and area of expertise. These items can also be ‘lead magnets’ and grow your following, email list, prospects, and happy clients:
- Videos (training, encouraging, testimonials, insight, strategies, introductions, How To’s)
- Infographics / White Papers / Personal Reports
- Special Reports
- How To Guides
- New Products
- Guest Blog Posts
- Workshops / Webinars
- Use your most valuable content to capture leads.
Much of the general content and information on your site needs to be offered for free, without any type of Opt-In, and be relevant to your brand, niche, and ideal market. If people have to enter their email address every time they click on a link, chances are they will get annoyed and not stay on your site very long. So be sure to use your Opt-In and Sales Funnels strategically. For example:
- Use your best Infographic with implementable steps to solve a simple problem as a ‘giveaway’ when people sign up to be on your email list. Update this giveaway on a regular basis (monthly or quarterly, or sooner if it isn’t generating any leads).
- Have an eBook download available that gives a great How To process for solving a major problem or challenge for those who go through your Sales Funnel page, or watch your lead-generating videos for your “big sell.”
- Have people sign up for a free webinar where you will teach them how to do something of great value to them – that will then encourage them to take the big step to commit to your full program or service offered.
- If you are a speaker, some of your most valuable content will be given from the stage. Be sure you have a way to capture the information of audience members who are primed and ready for more of what you have to offer. This can be done through a feedback form that you give to all audience members, or by collecting business cards in the back of the room after fully disclosing what you will do with their information.
- Your website needs to be monetized so that it can make you money 24/7.
Everyone who wants to contact you, find out more about you, or purchase your products and services needs to be directed back to your home base – your website! This is especially true if you are a speaker or entrepreneur – everyone needs to be directed back to your virtual storefront. Therefore, your website needs to generate income so you can continue doing what you love to do!
Check out our article on the Mindset of Money – Creating Multiple Steams of Revenue. There you will find a 3-Step Plan that will walk you through the process of how to:
- Master Your Message
- Duplicate Your Delivery
- Recognize Your Resources
Don’t Forget about your CTA (Call To Action)!
For every page, blog, eBook, Special Report, Podcast, Video, and every other form of content you have available to the consumer, you need to be sure to have a CTA. NEVER FORGET the CTA. The CTA is your Call To Action. Every piece of content needs to instruct the consumer on what to do next, what their next step is, and what action they need to perform on your site to guide them to where YOU want them to go.
What result do you want? Do you want them to sign up for a newsletter, email list, or webinar? Do you want them to purchase a book, a coaching package, or book you to speak? STATE YOUR CALL TO ACTION CLEARLY and you will have greater results in achieving what you envision!